View photos from the conference here!
About the Conference:
ESCO 2016 is the 5th event in a successful series of interdisciplineary international conferences. It promotes modern technologies and practices in scientific computing and visualization, and strengthens the interaction between researchers and practitioners in various areas of computational engineering and sciences.
Create a user account in order to submit an abstract.
2016 Main Themes:
- Computational electromagnetics and coupled problems,
- Fluid-structure interaction and multi-phase flows,
- Computational chemistry and quantum physics,
- Computational civil and structural engineering,
- Computational biology and bioinformatics,
- Computational geometry and topology,
- Mathematics Education and Outreach,
- Petascale and exascale computing,
- Hydrology and porous media flows,
- Wave propagation and acoustics,
- Climate and weather modeling,
- GPU and cloud computing,
- Uncertainty quantification,
- Open source software.
Proceedings of ESCO 2016
Proceedings of ESCO 2016 will appear as a special issue of Appl. Math. Comput. (impact factor 1.345), in a special issue of Computers & Mathematics with Applications (impact factor 1.398), or in a special issue of International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems (IJPEDS, ISSN: 1744-5760).
The submissions which will be concerned with technical education will appear in a special issue of The International Journal for Technology in Mathematics Education (IJTME, ISSN: 1744-2710).
The submissions will have the format of a standard journal paper and they will be refereed in a standard way.
Important part of each ESCO conference is a software afternoon featuring computational software projects of participants. Presented can be any computational software that has reached certain level of maturity, i.e., it is used outside of the author's institution, and it has a web page and a user documentation. List of software workshops.
Minisymposia proposals are welcome. A minisymposium should consist of at least four lectures related to the same topic. If you are interested in organizing a minisymposium, please send a title, short abstract, and list of speakers to conference(at)esco2016(dot)femhub(dot)com. List of minisymposia.
Best Poster will be awarded with a diploma and a prize during a ceremony to take place on Thursday, June 9. All student presentations and all posters are automatically nominated. The selection will be done by a vote of all participants.
|February 15, 2016||Minisymposia proposals|
|March 5, 2016||Notification of acceptance|
|March 15, 2016||Early registration fee payment|
|June 5-10, 2016||ESCO 2016 conference|
|September 30, 2016||Paper submission|
Recommended presentation for Oral sessions for ESCO 2016 conference:
- The reserved time for your presentation is 15 minutes.
- Please use presentation under Power Point or PDF format.
- The authors are asked to copy your presentation 10 minutes before session starting in cooperation with a member of organizing committee.
- The reserved time for discussion is 5 minutes.
- The presenting authors are kindly asked to keep these times.
Please find here some additional information on the preparation of the posters:
- The reserved area for your poster is of height 110 cm and of width 70 cm. Please make sure that you do not exceed this space.
- We recommend to prepare the A1 poster size (portrait). Select the font size of your choice. The conference information can be placed in the header, but it is not necessary.
- Orientation should be vertical.
- You do not have the possibility to print your poster at the conference.
- Magnets to fix the poster will be provided. However, if you need any additional material to fix or stick together your poster, please bring them with you.
- Please make sure that your poster is readable from a distance of at least 1 m.
- At the top of your poster, please write the poster title (same as your submitted abstract), the name and affiliation of the author(s) in a size that can be easily read from a farer distance.